Wednesday 24 June 2015

30 Days Wild Day 23: Lunch With a Kestrel

Pulborough was busy on Tuesday. My four hours of volunteering flew by in a flash and I had plenty keeping me occupied. I did manage to grab a 20 minute break when I went for a quick walk on the heathlands again. It was an extremely close day which is why I think I had a headache for most of the day, despite drinking plenty of water. The fresh air did help to an extent but I soon forgot about my head as I watched a beautiful kestrel glide above me, low enough for me to see the sandy feathers underneath. It landed on the outside of a tree at the bottom of the valley where I followed it to try and snap a couple of photos. It's times like that when I wish I had one of these amazing telephoto lenses!

Not great, but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment