Tuesday 16 June 2015

30 Days Wild Day 16: Lunch With the Bees

I'm feeling pretty wiped out at the moment, after a full-on weekend and volunteering both yesterday and today. Monday I was mentally tired after talking to the public all day and today I'm physically tired after moving heavy bags of bird seed around; I'm not complaining though because it means I don't have to exercise this week! During my lunch break at Pulborough Brooks today, I went for a quick walk down the first part of the trail, where there are thick hedgerows usually filled with wildlife. The sun was shining so it seemed a shame to waste it by staying inside.

Here are a few of the photos I snapped on my walk. The bees were all very obliging and didn't mind being papped as they carried on with their business. The same goes for the young rabbit who didn't bat an eyelid or stop chewing grass as I walked past only a foot away. A chiffchaff sang from his perch in plain sight at the top of a tree which made me happy as he is only the third one I have ever seen in the flesh.


Last night, I dreamed that I laid a bug 'trap' in the woods behind our garden. When I say trap, I don't mean a deadly one. I've been meaning to try out the one I saw Martin Hughes-Games demonstrate on Springwatch, where you dig a plastic cup into the ground and see what falls in there. I think perhaps my brain was just reminding me while I slept, so I might try and do that tomorrow for day 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment