Thursday 6 March 2014

Liebster Blog Award!

So I haven't been back on the blogging wagon for long at all. I've had a couple of blogs in the past but struggled to stay interested in them and now I've started again, blogging about two of my greatest passions, I'm enjoying it and always feel inspired to post. I was so pleased to see this morning that the lovely Ruth of Blue Eggs and Tea (I'm SUCH a fan of her cute illustrations!) has nominated me for the Liebster Award, aimed at blogs with small followings and designed to get us networking and discovering new blogging talent!

This is such a lovely gesture, especially since most of the time I write my posts assuming no one is actually reading them!

Here are a few questions Ruth gave me to answer:

1. What's your favourite subject to blog about and why?
I really love blogging about wildlife, especially the birds in my garden! It's so calming watching them and, on the days when we get a new visitor, very exciting so sharing that with other like-minded people is a delight.
2. What's the ONE thing that reminds you of your childhood?
Tricky, tricky, tricky! I'm just like you Ruth, I have a terrible memory, particularly when it comes to remembering my childhood! Not good for someone who is only 23... I do remember when I was maybe 6 or 7, spending Friday evenings in front of the Muppet Show and eating Heinz baked bean and hot dog pizzas! It was something of a tradition for a while and has just stuck in my mind. Probably because those pizzas were super tasty!
3. Mountains or Sea? 
Definitely sea. I'm a bit of a water baby and always love snorkeling and exploring rock pools when on holiday; I've considered learning to scuba dive and get my PADI license but I'm being a bit of a coward about it so far!
4. When I'm happy I like to...
Hug my family members :-) Whoever happens to be to hand; Mum, Dad, reluctant brother, even MORE reluctant cats...
5. What's your biggest dream?
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say my dreams change all the time. Right now, my dream is to be able to make a full-time living from pet portraits. Give me another 5 or 10 years and I'm sure there will be a new dream or two!
6. Art Gallery or Museum? 
It depends on the museum/gallery. I'm more inclined towards an art gallery; I studied Art History for a year at college and have been hooked ever since.  I've been lucky enough to visit the Louvre and Uffizi which were dreams come true!
7. What makes you get up in the morning? 
Oh dear, I'm not very good at getting up in the morning! I love my sleep and waking up naturally to sunlight streaming into my room is always a winner. Also a good cup of tea.
8. If you could go to the airport today, where would you fly to?
If it had been a couple of weeks earlier, I would have flown to Venice to see Carnivale. It would be nice to visit Venice before it sinks though...
9. What's your favourite bird? 
My favourite garden bird is the nuthatch. Definitely one of the bullies of the garden but they are so entertaining to watch and remind me of little ninjas with their black eye masks and gravity-defying moves. I really love raptors too, especially buzzards which we get a lot of in our area.
10. What's the best thing you ever bought?
This will probably sound quite trivial, but I have a gorgeous faux fur blanket that is THE softest thing in the world and perfect for cosying up on the sofa. It was a real bargain when I bought it, something like £19 down from £50 and I use it so much. I'm always saying it's the best £19 I've ever spent!

I nominate Lauren Cherice DesignsEmma Margaret Illustrationmy lovely friend Cat and Freya Lines Designs to continue passing on the blog love and answer a few questions!

1. What's your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
2. Dog or cat?
3. When it comes to food, what is your guilty pleasure?
4.Who do you admire?
5. How do you cheer yourself up?
6. If you could do any job in the world, it would be...
7. Favourite Summer activity?
8. What item, other than your phone, would you be lost without?
9. Spring or Autumn?
10. Do you have any bad habits?

It will be interesting to see the answers to these! Thanks again Ruth :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment